Add to Technorati Favorites "Going the Distance!": Yoga and Running / Berryman Marathon Saturday

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Yoga and Running / Berryman Marathon Saturday

Header from runnersworld.com

YOGA AND RUNNING
Those of you who have been reading the blog for a while know that I started doing Yoga about 8 months ago and how strongly I believe in it as a complement to running, you may remember that I included it as a blog entry subject back in September. Yesterday I was breezing through the June issue of Runners World and saw that they had an article on how Yoga makes you "stronger, sharper and less injury-prone." I couldn't agree with them more! They also featured a group called Runner's Yoga 90210, founded by Angie Stewart, "where marathoners, beginner runners and even members of the UCLA track team gather in Beverly Hill's Roxbury Park for a 20 to 30 minute run followed by 45 to 55 minutes of yoga in a nearby studio." I actually have a similar routine, each week on Tuesday and Thursday I run for 45 - 60 minutes before my morning Yoga class and feel incredible after I'm done. It's a great back-to-back combo that I highly recommend. For more about Yoga and Running visit the Yoga For Runners Section at runnersworld.com.

BERRYMAN MARATHON SATURDAY
This Saturday is the Berryman Marathon and 50 Mile Race down near Berryman, MO in the Mark Twain National Forest. This event holds a special place in my heart as it was where I ran my first ultramarathon back in 2006. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there! :-)
Hope all of you are well,
Carey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck brother and have fun. Its always a treat to run the race we cut our teeth on. Get your new job going and hopefully we'll see out there this fall. Later.

Unknown said...


Dear sir/madam, We offer our Loans to our clients In ($)USD, (£)GBP, (€)Euro, India Rupees or Singapore Dollars($) and in the following categories. Personal Loan, Real Estate Loan, Business Loan, and others. Contact us Via email:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)

LOAN APPLICATION FORM.

(1)Full Name:
(2)Country:
(3)State:
(4)Address:
(5)Sex:
(6)Occupation:
(7)Amount needed:
(8)Loan duration:
(9)Loan purpose:
(10)Telephone

Email Us:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)