Add to Technorati Favorites "Going the Distance!": 3 Days Of Syllamo Stage Race Next Weekend

Sunday, March 9, 2008

3 Days Of Syllamo Stage Race Next Weekend

Header from the 3 Days website

3 Days of Syllamo, a three day trail running stage race covering over 150 kilometers in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas, begins this Friday with the 50K event. Here is a description of the event from their website:

Day One 50k: This run will take place on the Sylamore and Syllamo trails. Full aid stations will be provided at approximately 4-8 miles apart.

Day Two 50 mile: “This is where the fun starts.” This run will be held on the Sylamore, Syllamo and Ozark Highland trail that winds, climbs and descends through the beautiful Sylamore Ranger District including several creek crossings, past scenic vistas and bluffs and through dense forest. Full aid stations will be located approximately 4-9 miles apart.

Day Three 20k: This run will take place on the Syllamo mountain bike trails. Aid will be provided at the halfway point.


To view the 2008 Participant List click HERE and to read my race report from the 2007 3 Days of Syllamo Stage Race click HERE.

Steve and Liz Kirk do an amazing job as race directors; this may be my favorite event of the year! After each race Chef Cal whips up a great meal and this year Steve has promised folk music from local musicians and massages from the Massage Works School of Therapy as part of the post race festivities, NICE!

Today will be my last run before the race; an easy, 8-10 miler. Since I began tapering my left leg hasn't been bothering me as much and everything feels like it is healing up quite nicely. To be honest, I was just running too much for too long. My plan for the rest of the year is to cut back my running to around 50 miles per week, return to Yoga classes 3 times per week and introduce at least one class into my weekly routine. I took one called 24 S.E.T. last week which is "a cardio/strength combination class that alternates strength exercises to sculpt every major muscle group with easy to follow step moves;" it was great!

Hope all of you are well and Happy Running!
Carey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt man. Its my favorite race too. You'll probably smoke me this year to. Ran on my leg for the first time since the accident. Did a little over six miles at 8 minute pace per. It held up O.K. but I'm nervous about how its going to handle the whole weekend. I plan to have a good time regarless. Can't wait to see you there.

Suzy said...

Wow, Carey, that sounds like so much fun! And work! Enjoy yourself!