Add to Technorati Favorites "Going the Distance!": Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour

Friday, March 28, 2008

Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour

Moraine Lake (Photo from the Banff/Lake Louise Tourism Bureau)

The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour made its St. Louis stop last night and I went with my good friend and fellow SLUG, Deanna Stoppler. My favorite film was 20 Seconds of Joy; below is a description from the film festival's website and a preview from YouTube:

“I don’t want to die, I want to live. I’m pretty good at running away, and this is my escape!” This is how Karina Hollekim describes her dedication to BASE jumping. Documentary filmmaker Jens Hoffman first met the now 30-year-old Norwegian in 2002. He immediately started to film, accompanying her through many stages of her BASE-jumping career, until it comes to a sudden stop, changing all aspects of her life.



You definitely need to check it out when it comes to your area. Click HERE for the US Schedule (this page also has links for International and Canada dates) and HERE to learn more about the Banff Mountain Festivals.

No comments: